Whether you're going out for the day or just need a quick bite, here are some great ideas to go between two slices of white!
- Corned beef and pickle: While it's not exactly a health food, corned beef is high in vitamin B12 and zinc, and it won't break the bank. Pair with some zingy pickled gherkins.
- Marmite, sweetcorn and chips: A marmite and chippy sandwich is a Kiwi classic, but the corn kernels give it a lovely sweetness, and one of your five a day.
- Egg Salad: Two hardboiled eggs, a little mayo and some iceberg lettuce will make a family sized round of sammies packed full of energy and protein.
- Ham and potato: Yes! It's like Sunday tea in a bun. Add a slice of tomato and a smudge of mustard for a tasty and filling working mans lunch.
- Banana and honey: Dessert sandwiches are on the menu! This works just as well with golden syrup or chocolate spread.
- Apple and peanut butter: Crunchy, filling and full of protein, this is a sandwich the kids will love.